- 3 Important Facts On Why SEO Is A Must In Modern Age Websites
- Confused About Google’s Index, Link Dampening, & No. of Links?
- Creating a Method for International SEO
- Facebook SEO Tips
- Local SEO Tips Anyone Can Implement – DIY Tips
- Search Engine Results & Keyword Researching
- SEO Services For Higher Results
- Short Introduction to SEO and Its Best Practices
- Terminology for search engine optimization
- What is Mike Filsaime’s Viral Friend Generator?
- What is SEO Article Writing? – SEO Copywriting Explained
- Why Are Local Citations Important for SEO?
- Why Should You Consider SEO Services for Your Business?
- Adsense Is Reborn!
- How Does SEO Help Businesses?
- Las Vegas SEO
- SEO Step by Step Is a Little Book With Big Ideas
- Top 10 Best WordPress Plugins For Generating Traffic
- End of SEO? No, This Is Just the Beginning
- Search Enginge Optimization Tips That Increase Website Traffic
- 10 Best Free SEO Tools
- 11 Essential Elements That Your Website Should Have to Get a Good SEO Score
- 3 SEO Keyword Research Strategies for Service-Based Businesses
- 5 Key Reasons Why Websites Need To Hire A Full-Stack SEO Team
- 5 SEO Tips Overlooked By Bloggers
- An Overview of SEO in 2015
- Backlink Building Service: How to Use Charity for Link Building and SEO
- Benefits of Using a Local Online Business Directory
- 5 Common Objections to SEO (& How to Respond) – Best of Whiteboard Friday
- 5 Conversion Optimization Tips for Your Website
- Interdisciplinarity: How to Integrate Organic Search, Paid Search, and Content Teams
- How to Get Quick Results With SEO Sprints: The DriveSafe Case Study
- Three Steps to a Better-Performing About Page
5 SEO Tips Overlooked By Bloggers
You blog because you want to share your knowledge; You also blog because you want to drive traffic to your website and rank highly in search results.
You already know the basic SEO stuff to do with on-page factors and link building, but there are myriad other factors that are overlooked.
Granted, you will never break them all, but it is worth spending some time to make it easier to make sure your blog has a more significant impact.
Here are five simple but effective strategies you should use.
How does great ranking help your ranking?
Well, more click-throughs in search results boost your ranking because the algorithm will attach more value to your blog.
So if you rank relatively low, but get too many clicks, your ranking will increase. However, if you rank highly and you don’t get click-throughs, your blog will be considered irrelevant to that search term, and your ranking will fall.
Therefore, staying in the headlines improves your ranking.
Use images to boost your ranking
Using images to link to your blog will increase your ranking and provide some variety to your backlink.
The alt tag tells the search engine about the content of your image. When using an image to link to your blog post, the Alt tag acts as a keyword.
The best way to get these link-based backlinks is to create an infographic for others to use – ask for an image backlink for your original post.
You aim to get follow-up links because they show that your blog is high quality and a reliable source of information.
The problem is too many profile sites, and blogs only provide following links. An excessive amount of these will not make your blog look unreliable – no good.
Buying in links (please say you don’t do this) is the fastest way to ruin your ranking. Instead, focus on guest blogging for high-quality blogs.
Connect to trusted blogs
Outbound links are just as relevant as inbound ones.
As a reliable and high-quality blog, if you want to raise the value of your blog in the eyes of search engines, you will be expected to link to other high-quality blogs.
Short or long blog?
Okay, yes you can probably write a useful and informative high-quality blog post that is short, but search engines like long content.
But not only should your content be lengthy (but still high quality, relevant and informative), you also have to work on getting comments. This will help increase the length of each post’s unique content.
Although none of these ideas are revolutionary, they were often ignored. Simple and easy to carry out, these tips will help you get out of your blogging.
Please feel free to leave a comment if you have any further ideas on how to get the best ranking from your blogging, or if you have any questions.