- 3 Important Facts On Why SEO Is A Must In Modern Age Websites
- Confused About Google’s Index, Link Dampening, & No. of Links?
- Creating a Method for International SEO
- Facebook SEO Tips
- Local SEO Tips Anyone Can Implement – DIY Tips
- Search Engine Results & Keyword Researching
- SEO Services For Higher Results
- Short Introduction to SEO and Its Best Practices
- Terminology for search engine optimization
- What is Mike Filsaime’s Viral Friend Generator?
- What is SEO Article Writing? – SEO Copywriting Explained
- Why Are Local Citations Important for SEO?
- Why Should You Consider SEO Services for Your Business?
- Adsense Is Reborn!
- How Does SEO Help Businesses?
- Las Vegas SEO
- SEO Step by Step Is a Little Book With Big Ideas
- Top 10 Best WordPress Plugins For Generating Traffic
- End of SEO? No, This Is Just the Beginning
- Search Enginge Optimization Tips That Increase Website Traffic
- 10 Best Free SEO Tools
- 11 Essential Elements That Your Website Should Have to Get a Good SEO Score
- 3 SEO Keyword Research Strategies for Service-Based Businesses
- 5 Key Reasons Why Websites Need To Hire A Full-Stack SEO Team
- 5 SEO Tips Overlooked By Bloggers
- An Overview of SEO in 2015
- Backlink Building Service: How to Use Charity for Link Building and SEO
- Benefits of Using a Local Online Business Directory
- 5 Common Objections to SEO (& How to Respond) – Best of Whiteboard Friday
- 5 Conversion Optimization Tips for Your Website
- Interdisciplinarity: How to Integrate Organic Search, Paid Search, and Content Teams
- How to Get Quick Results With SEO Sprints: The DriveSafe Case Study
- Three Steps to a Better-Performing About Page
3 SEO Keyword Research Strategies for Service-Based Businesses
How to meet when people are looking for your offers
Where do you go when you need to find a lawyer, restaurant or interior designer? For Google, of course!
But to get everyone’s attention with so many businesses, if you’re a service-based business, you really need to focus on search engine optimization (SEO) as one of your main marketing strategies .
One of the main components of SEO is to find relevant and targeted keywords that make a connection to your ideal target market and search for the services you provide.
Here are 3 SEO keyword research strategies to help start service based businesses:
1. Take a deep dive into your business
You cannot develop an SEO keyword strategy for your service-based business until you understand who is coming to your site and what they are looking for.
Go to your Google Analytics account and see the statistics:
What keywords are people using to land on your site
What pages are they leaving
Their geographical location
Then, you can target which keywords to target (such as adding a city name to service-based phrases), see which keywords are not appearing in your data, and create content to enhance the user experience.
2. See what the competition is doing
Whether it is a company that has been in business for years and appears in a top-ranked position or a new service-based business on the scene, you need a picture of the competitive keyword landscape.
See what your Google customers are looking for you. Find out who is selling your service at a specific location.
Pay attention to the type of content that they provide to potential customers and how well they optimize their site for certain keywords. This helps you understand which keywords they are and are not targeted.
3. Focus on Longtail Keywords
The more general the keyword, the harder it is to rank for that search term. Service-based businesses should also research and use long-term keywords – keywords that are highly specific to everything you’re selling.
Although they may bring less traffic than high ranking, short keywords, the traffic they bring is very targeted.
Maybe you are a tax accountant who specializes in giving returns for people who have their second home in another country. Or a house wager that mostly works in a three-bedroom farm in the east side of the city. Whatever your niche is, know the local (world)!
First keyword research, then an SEO strategy
SEO is a requirement for any service-based business – whether your company is all online or has a store location. Do your research to develop a solid keyword strategy that will help you dominate local search rankings.
You do not have to do this alone! Why not hire a specialist in professional search engine optimization? They will do your keyword research and SEO strategy properly so that you can focus on building your business in other ways.
What SEO research did you do for your business? Share your experiences in the comments!